Friday, May 02, 2008

30 miles Part 4

I've also sent this post to Ron from Part 3, first to thank him again, but also so he can find out something about the stranger he helped yesterday. (Ron, since you don't know what I'm talking about: http://www.aimlessmovie.com. Follow blog link.) Thanks, Ron. --> I walked across the Mississippi state line at 6:01. That's the first time I've crossed a state line on foot. I've also crossed one state line (Washington) on an Amtrak train and two state lines (Kentucky & Tennessee) on a freight train. All other state lines have been via car or truck. --> There was a very strong wind in my face all day yesterday. Not just a breeze; I'm talking about wind that pushes you around. That makes me feel even better about the 30-mile feat. --> Once in Mississippi, my road turned into a freeway (US 78). With a wide shoulder, I stayed on the freeway for a few miles, getting off at the second exit,
hoping to find a surface road that would take me to the Flying J I knew was up ahead a few more miles...

This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime� 6.5 or higher is required. Visit www.apple.com/quicktime/download to download the free player or upgrade your existing QuickTime� Player. Note: During the download process when asked to choose an installation type (Minimum, Recommended or Custom), select Minimum for faster download.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Ryan! I think you sprent more time in Tennessee than at my house LOL!