Friday, May 02, 2008

30 miles Part 1

I spent Wednesday night in a large park on what I guess was the north side of Memphis. Had to get up early Thursday morning (6:30) because that's just how it works at big parks. (Park workers and early-bird park visitors just don't seem to like temporary residents.) After quickly packing up my stuff, I wandered around the park for about 20 minutes, looking for my tent pole sack, which blew away the previous night as I staked down the canopy. While wandering the park, I realized it was a good day to try for 30 again. So at about 7:40, with half a mile already showing on my pedometer, I walked away from the park, heading south. (I never did find the sack.) --> After 3.5 miles I took a break. Another 3.5 miles, another break. Then 4.5 miles and a break, which put me at 11.5 miles by noon. Good start. --> As I walked through Midtown before my second break, I was almost hit by a car driven
by a clueless old lady. She was leaving a gated parking lot, paying no attention to her driving...

This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime� 6.5 or higher is required. Visit www.apple.com/quicktime/download to download the free player or upgrade your existing QuickTime� Player. Note: During the download process when asked to choose an installation type (Minimum, Recommended or Custom), select Minimum for faster download.

No comments: