Friday, May 02, 2008

30 miles Part 3

At 3:00 yesterday, after 16.5 miles, I walked into a Wendy's, hoping their value menu had something worth buying. It did, so I ate. I also tried to rest as much as I could before 4:00 because I was already past the point where the serious pain begins. --> At about 3:15 a man and his two kids walked in. As the man approached the counter, following his daughter, he said hi to me. I wondered if he thought I was eyeing his daughter; his acknowledgment of my presence kind of seemed to say, "Keep your eyes off my little girl, son." They ordered their food and sat somewhere behind me. --> When they finished eating, I was still trying to rest. They passed in front of me again on their way out. This time, reaching out to shake my hand, the man said to me, "Be safe out there." Feeling paper in his handshake, I thanked him. A few seconds later they were out the door. --> The handshake contained
some cash and the man's business card. He is the owner of Ron's Recovery & Towing in Memphis...

This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime� 6.5 or higher is required. Visit www.apple.com/quicktime/download to download the free player or upgrade your existing QuickTime� Player. Note: During the download process when asked to choose an installation type (Minimum, Recommended or Custom), select Minimum for faster download.

No comments: