Saturday, May 03, 2008

30 miles Part 5

I got off the freeway at 8:00, with 24 miles behind me. It was time for a break. --> This is the point where I hit the wall. My break felt short and I didn't feel rested when it was over. Regardless, I picked up my gear and put on my broken glasses so I could see if there was a surface road parallel to the freeway. I couldn't tell, so I walked toward a gas station about a quarter mile to the south. The gas station cashier told me to go back the other way and take the road at the first stop light on the other side of the exit. She said it would take me to the Flying J, which was at the next exit. --> After taking a right at the light, the road only went a couple hundred feet before ending at another road that didn't parallel the freeway. I took another right, back toward the freeway, hoping this road would curve and run alongside the freeway. Instead, it dead-ended at a car dealership,
so I turned around and walked back, eventually reaching a road that did parallel the freeway...

This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime� 6.5 or higher is required. Visit www.apple.com/quicktime/download to download the free player or upgrade your existing QuickTime� Player. Note: During the download process when asked to choose an installation type (Minimum, Recommended or Custom), select Minimum for faster download.

No comments: