Tuesday, June 12, 2007

We all need to change

I'm not just frustrated anymore; I'm totally fucking pissed off. Not because I can't get a ride or because people won't do something nice for ME. No, I'm pissed off because about 0.01 percent of the American population jumps at the opportunity to do something nice for someone. That's ONE HUNDREDTH of ONE PERCENT!!! As a nation, is that what we're all so proud of? Well, it fucking disgusts me, so I'm going to start taking every chance I get to do something nice for people. I invite you to join me. So peel off your retarded-ass WWJD sticker and DWJWD. Give someone a ride. Give someone a dollar or five. When you see someone who looks like they need some kind of help, ask them what you can do to help them. God damn, just do something nice for someone, will ya!?! We're all so fucking arrogant. Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe that's why the rest of the world hates Americans? They
are not assholes; WE ARE ASSHOLES!!! Only we can change that.<p>Was that deep enough?

2 comments:

docrivs said...

That was a great point. Americans seem to me like the most arrogant people on Earth, with our "American Pride" and such, when we don't seem to help out our own people, much less other people in need. It's impossible to help everyone you see in the way that those people would want you to help them, but your point is well-taken. We all need to think more about being kind and to actually be kind.

I'm trying to be a better person by considering how I interact with people. I try not to give in to the put-down humor of the people I am around a lot. I don't brush people off. I don't snub people. I try to be kind. Sometimes it seems to be good and sometimes it seems that it gets me into more trouble. However, if you find your way into a mess you can usually find your way out.

docrivs said...

More about American Hospitality, Kindness, Consideration, Helpfulness, and all that. There are many people who live their lives to help others, humanitarians, they call them, so let's not forget them, but I agree that we could be a lot better.