Tuesday, June 12, 2007

No longer stranded

Larry from NC and Jennifer from PA picked me up a little after noon and brought me to Flying J at I-40/75 Exit 369 (west of Knoxville, I guess). Got here at about 2:00. Looks like there are 11 functional diesel islands here plus a line of trucks out into the road, so I don't expect to be here too long. There are also another two truck stops on the other side of the interstate. Larry gave a few "shout outs" on the CB before he left, to help me find another ride, but that didn't seem to work this time. I just want to get back on the road, so hopefully someone will offer a side soon. If I can just get a ride to Dayton sometime tonight, I'll be very happy.

1 comment:

docrivs said...

Cool. I'd like to hear more about those trucker "shout outs". That's an interesting custom. Even if it didn't seem to help you out directly that this trucker called out to other truckers on the CB to let them know you needed a ride, I think that it probably helped you somewhat, at least, indirectly.