Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A perfect example

Guess who's still at I-81 Exit 36 in Tennessee. All you have to do is hold your fingertips up to your temples for a second and let a name come to mind... Did you do it? Did a name pop into your head? If the name was Ryan, you won!!! As always, there is no prize, but don't you feel a sense of accomplishment now? Y'see, Aimless is good for your self-esteem, and I'm glad I can offer you these opportunities.<p>Have I said anything deep lately?<p>If I don't get a ride anytime soon, Allan and Ann will be through here at about 2:00 to get me at least to I-40.<p>I think I missed out on a few chances to get closer to Ohio last night. When people ask me where I'm going, I say I'm trying to get to Ohio or something like that. Most of them assume I want to go north from here, but I need to go south first to get to I-75 in Knoxville. If anyone asks me today, I'm just going to say "Knoxville." Then
after they offer a ride, I'll be more specific.<p>PS - The guy in that truck didn't offer me a ride.

4 comments:

docrivs said...

I like that photo!

docrivs said...

I wish you well on getting up to Ohio

revolution said...

trust me, dude. Jesus would've offered you a ride. Course He would have told about how He could give you "living water" along the way. Oh and He probably would have told you to leave your sinful lifestyle behind too. But hey, at least He would have given you a ride.

REVOLUTION

docrivs said...

Ryan, I still find it interesting and a bit disappointing how there are so many people who ignore your presence, pass you by, fear for their lives, are disgusted by what you represent, and harass you. However, I am also fascinated by the people who do acknowledge you, care for you as a fellow human being, and try to help you out, even if it is just to indulge in some entertaining conversation.

Lew, I am really glad that you met Ryan and that I am able to interact with you, somewhat, as a result. Your presence on this blogsite is a good thing, because you offer your own viewpoints about much of what Ryan comments about. I'm all for different perspectives, as I often realize that, although I value my own perspective for my own decisions about life, I like to consider other possibilities.

As I don't believe that a man named Jesus was the son of "God" (since I don't believe that any human is more of a "son" or "daughter" of "God" as anyone else), I don't believe in exhalting this man. However, the archetypal Jesus figure is someone who I believe would be there in times of need and would go out of his way to help. I also believe that he would offer 'living water' (knowledge that could potentially offer hope and healing), but I don't believe that this kind of a person would talk about "sin", in the sense of leaving a "sinful lifestyle behind". I think, instead, that he would suggest the possibilities that might lie ahead if a person would try to do "good". He would point out the important lessons of cause and effect -- that what you do comes back to you, in many ways.

Every moment is a new opportunity and a new choice.