Friday, April 04, 2008

Metter Part 4

There was higher ground about fifty feet away from my tent, so that's where I placed my backpack and camera bag before returning to the tent to fetch my sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and various other items I remove from my pack each night when I sleep. (Keep in mind, it was still raining steadily, so even though I was moving everything to higher ground, out of the new pond, it was all still getting very wet.) --> Instead of setting the remaining items near the backpack, I carried them about 200 feet to the on-ramp, above the bowl, where there was little standing water. I then returned to grab the backpack and camera bag, carrying them to the on-ramp pile. --> Even though I'd now moved most of my stuff fully out of standing water, leaving a few things behind inside the tent/lake, I was deep in the midst of a serious "Oh Fuck!" moment because most everything, including myself and my
clothes, was thoroughly drenched and I was nowhere near anything that could shelter me from the rain...

No comments: