Friday, April 04, 2008

Metter Part 3

Only a few minutes after making the assessment that I was in OK shape, I looked out the tent door into the vestibule, where I'd left my boots and tripod. It looked as if the tripod was pretty much submerged, and my boots were kinda floating. Time for reassessment! --> I was now a little worried, but I still thought I was OK because it looked like the tripod had been in an anomalous rut, while most of my tent was safely adjacent to the rut. However, when I reached outside to move the tripod, the "levee broke," causing a lot of water to enter the tent. --> At this point I knew I was pretty screwed. Wearing only a shirt and underwear, I reached for my jeans, which were already well on their way to being soaked. I also grabbed my phone and camera bag as I stumbled out of the tent, trying to put on my jeans. --> I didn't know what to do, so I slung the camera bag on my shoulder and pulled my
backpack out of the tent before looking for higher ground nearby, where I could place the stuff...

No comments: