Friday, April 04, 2008

Metter Part 2

On the way back toward the interstate from downtown Metter Wednesday night, it began raining lightly; more like a mist than a true rain. It felt like the kind of precipitation that would pass within a couple hours, so I wasn't worried. After walking through the mist for about a mile, I'd reached the interstate once again, where I quickly found a spot between the on-ramp and the roadway to set up camp. The area between the ramp and road is much like a bowl, but I felt pretty sure that I'd found a high enough spot for safe camping. Good thing, too, because a steady rain began just as I finished setting up. --> I got to sleep pretty easily at about 12:30, then woke up at about 4:00, quickly noticing the continuing rain and a shallow pool of water beneath the tent. No worry, though, because the tub-shaped floor of my tent protects up to at least a few inches on each side. It seemed my only
real problem was dealing with the cold water under the tent, which really didn't bother me, anyway...

No comments: