Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tale of the tape

STEPS: 61,087. CALORIES BURNED: 3,091. MILES WALKED: 28.10. That's the "official" count from yesterday, although the actual figures are probably 1 to 3 percent higher because sometimes the pedometer misses steps and sometimes I walk without the pedometer. This is how yesterday took shape: Antoine (who lives in Napa) had to work very early, so I was up by 4:30 and out before 5:00. Before 6:00 I stopped in front of Albertson's and ate the plum pie-like dessert Antoine's mom gave me. (That was my first time eating plums.) When Albertson's opened I bought 3 donuts, 2 apples, and 3 Pay Days (3 for $1). I didn't even consider the possibility for a 30-mile day until leaving Albertson's after 7:00. Up the road a way, when I stopped to put my jacket in my backpack (near an on-ramp, coincidentally), someone stopped and offered me a ride. I wasn't even looking for a ride because you can't walk 30
miles in a day if you're not walking most of the day, but I decided to take the ride anyway...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG dude--did you know that plums are a natural laxative? Well, you probably do by now =-)