Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tale of the tape Part 3

Part 3: Also, my shirt won't dry while resting because good rest requires lying back, and lying back keeps the shirt wet. Anyway, I walked a mile on Rte 29 through Calistoga to see if I wanted to go that way. I didn't want to, so I walked the mile back to Rte 128 and headed toward Healdsburg and US 101 (which may eventually take me to Oregon). Ten miles up the road I caught a whiff of what I thought was strawberries, so I kept an eye out for some strawberries. What I found, however, was wild raspberries; lots of 'em. I spent at least an hour picking raspberries--nearly 2 lbs of them--putting them in a zippered sandwich bag to create an unexpected snack for later. It ended up turning my right hand purple (because not all of the berries can be easily removed from the vine). I also found various parts of my body bloody from the thorns (or rasps?) that surround the berries. (I took a
picture of me, my berries, and a vineyard behind us, but my phone deleted it for some reason.)...

No comments: