Thursday, June 28, 2007

Wright-Patt

Upon leaving Donatos we resumed our march toward Dayton by walking along the edge of Wright Patterson Air Force Base. Long story short, the Air Force police came to see us (that is, me) because apparently it IS illegal to take photographs in the United States of America. They said because I was just off the road (in the grass), I was on US government property and subject to different laws than usual. In other words, they fucked with me for an hour and 15 minutes. The main guy told me I had to give them my tape, even though I showed him there was nothing on it that showed even a square foot of the base; even though I told him I'd gladly let him watch me erase all the footage I'd taken from land adjacent to the base. (Of course, that's exactly what we ended up doing after their investigator showed up and watched it.) The whole ordeal was a bunch of unnecessary bullshit. These people are
supposed to be protecting me and my freedom. Instead they're stripping me of it... Fear your future.

No comments: