Wednesday, June 27, 2007

That old familiar feeling

The hat in the picture is just like the hat I lost in SC, except this one is green. (The other one was blue.) This one is my dad's, but he let me use it... This is the first time I've been at a truck stop in a couple weeks, but it feels like it was just the other day. It feels a little weird hanging out at a truck stop in my hometown, especially only a few miles from my high school (and about a mile from where I bowled in junior leagues). I'm only a few hundred feet from neighborhoods where a lot of my high school friends lived, although I am about 15 miles from my mom & dad's house, which is also where I lived when I was in high school. (Toward the end, that's where I usually was INSTEAD OF high school.) I've never done this anywhere in Ohio... Jay, I have a favor to ask you: Will you take a peek at a ground beef package/container where you work and tell me what brand it is? Y'know, I
might be a restaurateur someday, and when that day comes I'll need to know what brand of beef to buy.

1 comment:

docrivs said...

Next time I work a day shift I'll ask the kitchen manager. He's the only one who knows what brand he orders.