Friday, June 29, 2007

My first solo kick-down

I got a knock on the door this morning from the Riverside Police. They were very cool; they didn't even tell me to pack it up. I would have been gone already if it hadn't been raining. Once I left, I kept an eye out for the guys, but I didn't see them anywhere. I started walking a different direction than the three of us had been going, so I know I won't see them again... Up the road a few miles toward Huber Heights, I spotted a Donatos. What do you think I did? Yup, I walked in and asked the manager David if they had anything they were going to have to toss. He then produced a large thin pepperoni pizza (my favorite) and allowed me to take whatever I wanted. I should have taken a little more than I took. He also gave me a cup for a drink. Yesterday before we went into the other Donatos, John said every Donatos he'd ever asked for food gave him something. This is the first time I've
asked anyone to give me food or anything else. I'll probably do it more frequently now.

No comments: