Friday, April 18, 2008

My confession

I didn't have enough time Wednesday night to do everything I needed to do at REI, so I slept right around the corner and went back to the store yesterday morning. I ended up getting a new, lighter, better fitting jacket, a long sleeve shirt with a half-turtle-neck & zipper, and some other minor things. I also packed up some stuff to send home via REI's shipping folks, including 5 shirts, my old jacket, and a heavy book I bought in Savannah. --> I feel compelled to let everyone know that, unlike last year, I have an emergency credit card for Aimless 2008. My own rule says I'm not allowed to use it to buy food or anything that can make this journey easy for me. However, I have used it a couple times so far... --> I must interrupt these thoughts because I just had a strange cop encounter. Nearly 90 minutes after I packed up camp and headed down the road, as I sat writing this, a cop
stopped and asked me if I'm the guy who camped out near the golf course. As an honest guy, I said yes...

This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime� 6.5 or higher is required. Visit www.apple.com/quicktime/download to download the free player or upgrade your existing QuickTime� Player. Note: During the download process when asked to choose an installation type (Minimum, Recommended or Custom), select Minimum for faster download.

No comments: