Thursday, August 16, 2007

Tale of the tape Part 7

Part 7: Driving through the Safeway parking lot, Jan Gee said, "I just remembered, I have something going on tonight, so I'm gonna have to let you out." I asked, "Are you saying I won't be camping where you said I could camp?" He replied, "Yes. Is this a good spot for you to get out?" I asked, "Can I at least finish my donut first?" He said no, then he parked, quickly removed my backpack from the truck bed, and set it in the parking spot beside the truck. Puzzled by his strange behavior, I asked, "Did I say something that pissed you off?" Then he about went nuts, saying, "I gave you a ride and offered you a place to sleep, and you just sit there eating a donut, not sharing anything with me. You're selfish and [I don't want anything to do with you]." I believe my reaction went a little like this: "You're a fucking freak, man." He kept going nuts, and the words 'Fuck you' flew in both
directions at least a couple times. By then I just wanted him to get the fuck away from me and leave.

6 comments:

revolution said...

sounds like old man river. (though he tried to "Jesus" you, right)

is there a pattern?

at least he didn't touch your crotch.

Anonymous said...

Wowee. What a psycho. My grandpa always told me only psychos pick up hitchhikers.

docrivs said...

Interesting character. Yes, at least he didn't try to molest you or carve you into a thousand pieces. You got that going for ya :)

revolution said...

now that you mention it, doc, has ryan written us his last will and testament just in case?

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm worried about Ryan, since he hasn't updated his blog in two days and when I try to call his cell phone, it goes straight to voice mail. Ryan, call home!

Mom

docrivs said...

After reading the blog posts that Ryan posted, and before reading the comments posted after I posted on 8/17, I think that we can safely say that Ryan will not always be able to post every day. Sometimes his cellphone will have a used-up battery or will malfunction in a way that makes it impossible for us to reach him. He may meet some people who want to do him harm, but I think that Ryan can handle himself and get out of the situation okay. You have to have faith when you're worried but cannot reach him. It's the nature of his project. However, I hope that he does try to post as regularly as possible and keep in contact with us as much as possible.