Saturday, July 07, 2007

Getting down the road

We entered Nebraska (Omaha) at 3:20... Grand Island at 5:30. Temperature is in the upper 90s in Nebraska; gonna be much hotter beginning tomorrow (New Mexico, Arizona)... Driving across Nebraska is nothing like driving across Kansas. Kansas totally sucks, whereas Nebraska really isn't bad... Mountain Time Zone at 7:57/6:57... Enter Colorado at 7:35 MDT. I'm down to $24 and 2.75 tapes. Looks like Travis is taking me all the way to LA. Someone please find out the westernmost point in the lower 48 states and tell me where it is because I may be there within a few days... Downtown Denver at 10:35... Pulling into rest area near Pueblo, Colorado at 12:20... I've gone about 1,100 miles today. Time to try to sleep on the passenger seat. Good night.

No comments: