Thursday, June 14, 2007

Yellow Springs, Ohio

Unhappy headlines today in Yellow Springs: Antioch University will be closed from 2008 to 2012. It's also the headline on the front page of the Dayton Daily News. The good news is that it could mean more sales for Robert Paschell, with his "Titanioch" t-shirt, which I believe has a drawing of an Antioch building sinking like the Titanic. When I saw the shirt I asked him when, in his mind, Antioch sank. He said either the 50s or 60s, so I guess it's been a long time coming.<p>I met a woman this morning in the men's restroom of the "depot" who randomly found the Aimless blog shortly after I left YSO in April. We'd actually spoken briefly when I was packing up camp to leave town, but I never told her about the web site or anything. (She was in the bathroom hanging a new art display.)<p>I think it's about time for Miss Pathfinder to come around.

3 comments:

docrivs said...

Antioch has closed down for financial reasons a few times in the past, but it has always reopened. I'd like to see the Titantioch t-shirt design.

You met a woman in the men's restroom?

Anonymous said...

LOL! docrivs, that was me, corrine (aka jafabrit in the blog world). I was hanging out in the men's room with nancy hanging the new art show for the ChamberPot Gallery.

docrivs said...

Hi, Corrine :)! Yeah, I thought that was funny. Ryan makes me laugh. I like that, "ChamberPot Gallery". That's a creative idea. I'll have to look you up in "blog world" and say hi.