Saturday, June 30, 2007

Joplin Missouri

I rolled into Joplin really early this morning. I may have gotten two hours of sleep; certainly not as much as I needed. I already needed some make-up sleep before last night, so today hasn't exactly been fun. Mostly I've been sitting around at the Pilot station, not getting a ride. But I did have a nice multi-hour chat with Rece (pictured), who came in to Wendy's at least five hours before he was scheduled to work. I think it's cool that I am able to interact with people 15 years younger than myself as peers, not as kids. I have the same kind of thing with people decades older than me, too. Our culture places too much importance on age and age difference. Despite the fact that I haven't gotten a ride yet, it really hasn't been too boring or frustrating being here all day, I guess because I've had a lot to think about. I'm not sure what all I've been thinking about, though, other than
the molestation... Leaving Joplin a little before 9:00. Don't know where I'm going yet.

No comments: