Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday's timeline part 1

9:08 AM - Leave Yellow Springs station (US 68 & Dayton St.) via Ohio Route 343... 10:36 - Main St. & S. River Rd. in Clifton (break)... 11:12 - Break over, walking along S. River Rd... 1:16 PM - Lunch break: S. River Rd. & Selma Pk. Gonna eat ravioli straight out of the can. When I walked this route on April 25, I had to take at least six breaks. Only two today, plus an additional two miles. I'd estimate I'm nine or ten miles down the road already. I feel fine except for my feet. This body is turning into a machine. Strange! I feel very good about my chances of making it home tomorrow, maybe even pretty early. After lunch I'm going to take S. Charleston-Clifton Rd. to US 42, sticking with the trail that parallels 42 all the way to London.

2 comments:

docrivs said...

Do you have maps? Are they more than the kind of maps you buy at a truck stop?

Ryan M. Powell said...

The only map I have is a very small pocket atlas I bought at the Kangaroo station the first time I went through Spartanburg. Not much detail on those maps. It's pretty much useless. I guess I acquired a few others, too, like a Florida state map from the visitors' center, but I'll be leaving those behind when I head out again.