Friday, June 15, 2007

Fishbone

Brad Perkins just called me. You may recognize his name from some blog comments (especially if you're him). Well, Brad said he was checking in on Aimless just about every day before I left. But when I stopped linking to new blog posts on the front page, he thought I hadn't written anything new, so he kinda stopped checking. I guess he must have checked in again recently and discovered that I've been VERY busy with the blog. (I think I've written maybe 200 entries since I left.) I just thought that was pretty funny. It was real good to hear from you, Brad. Well, it's 8:00, so I have to start walking again. Gonna try to get maybe another six miles down the road tonight. That would total 23 miles for today, leaving another 19 to go tomorrow. (I really, really hurt right now. Tomorrow's going to be a bitch.)

3 comments:

docrivs said...

Why did you title this post "Fishbone"?

Ryan M. Powell said...

Because back in 1991, when Brad and myself were both members of the Limited Edition Drum & Bugle Corps, Brad regularly wore a fishbone earring, so everyone started calling him Fishbone. At least that's what I think earned him the nickname.

Brad, you want to chime in on that one?

Unknown said...

That is exactly it. At first, I was Rookie Raccoon because it was my first year and I wore sunglasses all day giving me tan lines that gave me a reverse raccoon effect--dark face with white around the eyes. But midway thru the year I bought a fish skeleton earring and Cory Lutton gave me the new nickname of Fishbone.