Monday, August 30, 2010

State College

This is Eric getting into his car. I met Eric at a gas station shortly after entering State College Saturday. Thinking I might shoot for 35 miles that day, I chose instead to accept Eric's invitation to crash at his place. That worked out well because with my insane mileage early that day, I still did 25 miles by about 7:00, then had plenty of time to relax. --> Figuring I'd start moving no later than 3:00 Sunday afternoon, I ended up sticking around and staying at Eric's place again that night. That also worked out well because I was about 30 miles ahead of where I'd planned to be by then. --> It was cool hanging with Eric because he felt like a friend right from the start. It's nice to get a break, some comfort, and some companionship once in a while, and this was a rare instance in which I was able to receive those things. Thanks for everything, Eric. I had a great time hanging with
ya.

4 comments:

ER said...

Awesome Ryan. If you ever find yourself in Naples, Florida, I've got a couch you can crash on, if you don't mind the screechy voice of my usually bitchy wife while you're here. Hah! My name is also Eric.

I know you don't get to read these comments often, but when you do read this, make a post about what you plan to do after you reach New York. Do you have any future adventures planned? It's always nice down here in SW Florida in the winter, and we need a good Pizza place here in Naples. There are even a few joints right here in town that would probably hire you as a consultant. God knows they need it. As someone who grew up in the NYC area, I miss a good pie. The stuff here is so off the mark, I don't even consider it pizza. It's dough with sauce and cheese, but it's not pizza. A good pizza is somehow greater than the sum of its parts. When everything goes together right, it becomes something else. It's hard to explain, but I know you understand what I mean, Ryan.

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff said...

Dude, he's your twin minus being a Buckeye fan!

Ryan M. Powell said...

Good call, Jeff. Eric really does look almost identical to the long-haired, bearded Ryan of a few years ago, although his hair is naturally curly. Very cool guy, too. It felt like I was hanging out with a longtime friend while I was at his place. Sometimes it can be pretty stressful or tiring to be welcomed into someone's home, but not with Eric.

ER, I'll read your comment again sometime when my brain is working, then I'll probably respond.