Sunday, August 16, 2009

Broke

I'm hungry. I'm tired. It's 100 degrees. I'm sick of waiting for a ride to somewhere with decent weather. I'm down to my last two bucks, but I have no interest in flying a sign for cash. I wrote most of a long blog post with four pics at least a week ago but can't publish it because I have no available wifi. By the time I'm finally able to publish that post, it will be very old news. In all honesty, I just want to cry for a while in the arms of someone special, but I don't have anyone like that. --> This is no fun anymore. I have nothing more to prove without a TV crew following me. I've been planning to stop at home for a few days in mid-September, then hit the road again for a few more months, but I don't think I'm going to hit the road again because there is no point. I think instead I'll go out and get a stupid, crappy job and become an overworked, underpaid zombie like the rest of
you. This could have (and should have) become something really great, but all it has become is old.

5 comments:

revolution said...

why not become an underworked overpaid zombie?

Windwalker1970 said...

Mr Negative strikes yet again.
Cheer up or go home.

Anonymous said...

Go to LA get a job. You like it there.

Jeff said...

To Anon:

Yea, there sure are a LOT of jobs here in L.A. NOT!

Ryan M. Powell said...

To the functionally anonymous people who think I'm negative: You try this and see how positive you stay; I dare you. And when all this ridiculous poverty pays off for me, don't come asking me for anything.

Anonymous: I might go to LA and get a job because I possess skills that are in demand there. People in film crews think I'm cool as hell when they meet me. In fact, most people I meet think I'm cool as hell because they meet the actual me, not just the side of me that has no time or opportunity to write about what I would like to write about on this blog.

Unlike most of the people who criticize me here, I didn't fuck up the economy. In fact, I dropped out of society because I saw the shit hitting the fan long before it happened. Our economy is based on bullshit, and it will continue to suffer until it starts being based on something real.