Thursday, March 19, 2009

Memphis reader and stuff

Hey you, the regular nighttime visitor from Memphis (or near Memphis): You seem eager for a new story. I feel like sharing a story from the road, perhaps something I was never able to thoroughly write about before. Is there anything you'd like me to write about? A story I never finished or any questions about the tramping life?

I've been in a stalemate with the book for a couple weeks. One reason is because I've been distracted by the prospect of being a character in a TV series, which I'm still waiting to hear about. The production company asked me to send them a resume, headshot, and video, which I did right away. (That's why I made the WCMH interview video.) Coolest resume ever, by the way.

Also, I have felt like total crap for a while due to sinusitis, which has given me a constant, horrible headache, toothaches, really bad nausea, disorientation, and general pain throughout the head region of my body. It's hard to think straight (or write) when dealing with this kind of discomfort. I saw a doctor about it today (yesterday), but I haven't picked up the prescription yet.

So what do you want to hear about, Memphis? Or how about you, MadTown? Are you still out there? (The visitor logs suggest you are still around.)

--
Aimless
Aimless Video Evidence

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) How 'bout them Badgers!? The tournament was pretty boring for a minute there until the Badgers and Buckeyes provided some overtime drama last night.

2) What channel would the TV series be on? Sounds like a fun prospect and a great way to spread the word about your book.

3) If you're in LA again anytime soon, you should look into getting onto Tom Green's House Tonight as a guest, it's his internet talk show. I bet you two would have some good conversation. Tom's doing his own thing in this world as well and he'd probably dig what you're trying to accomplish.

Ryan M. Powell said...

1) I picked Wisconsin to win that game, and I'm glad they did. Looked pretty grim for most of the game, although I didn't see any of it because it was on at the same time as OSU's pathetic performance. (Neither team should have been allowed to advance from that game.)

2) I don't know what channel the series would be on. It's a network that contacted me, but this division of the network does work for a lot of cable channels. Really, I know essentially nothing about it. They didn't even tell me enough for me to state a clear objective on the resume. I pretty much had to guess. (Ask me that question again in an e-mail. I don't think I have your address.)

3) Thanks for the tip. I'll look into that.

Hey, are those message boards history?

Ryan M. Powell said...

I also have Wisconsin winning today but going down to Pitt next week.