Sunday, June 01, 2008

I haven't shown you my pretty face in a while, so here ya go. I took this picture on the St. Claude bridge over the industrial canal, heading west out of the Lower Ninth Ward (into the Upper Ninth Ward, I believe). I couldn't get much scenery in the picture because I didn't have any room to hold out the camera. --> This heat really sucks. It doesn't seem quite as bad as a couple days last week, but it's almost unbearable with my backpack on. --> I think I will walk through the French Quarter today, but I don't expect to spend any time there. (I'm only a mile or two from it right now, anyway.) --> I had planned to go west from here, through TX, NM, AZ, and possibly Vegas, but I don't think I'll keep those plans. Instead, I think I'll only go as far west as Houston (because I really need to go to an REI store). Then maybe I'll head waaay north (like to North Dakota/Montana) to get out of
the oppressive heat. Right now, though, I just want to get somewhere new.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heat. You're hot huh. Get rid of the black shirt. Get a hat to cover your head instead of the dodo rag. Wear shorts, dump the underware, shave, hang out in n air conditioned fast food joint. Act like an intellectual working on your 4th published book and maybe some divorced horny good looking lady will take you home with her to her air conditioned place. Just think of the possibilities. She might feed you some real gumbo.