Sunday, May 25, 2008

Laptop

My brother called me this morning and told me he has a couple laptops that are available for me if I'd like to use them on the road. They are not the ultralight variety, so I don't know if it will be possible for me to use either of them. Five or six extra pounds of gear is a lot to add, especially when you already carry as much weight as I carry. He said he'll call me again after he weighs them.

Even if I do end up with one of these laptops, I'll still be hoping for someone to donate an ultralight laptop.

One more thing. To anyone who has ever called me ungrateful or selfish: I know you're already making plans to volunteer your valuable time so you can bust your ass to make life a little better for the people of New Orleans. Right?

--
Aimless
Aimless Video Evidence
Call me sometime; I get lonely. 614-738-3867

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan,
www.blog.aimlessmovie.com works. Mom was on your site a couple of nights ago and I tried logging in at the same time. Got page not displayed.She discovered the fix above.

A light laptop is much more expensive. You are looking at about $1800 for the Macintosh Air. That's a bit steep for most people to donate. Maybe your friend in Yellow Springs can help.

I am proud of you to help out in New Orleans. Pretty sad sad story that the Fools on the Hill and the clown in the White House cannot seem to find funds to get the job done. Let's see,,,spend billions blowing up Iraq and watching our soldiers die then actually do the right thing and help the people caught up in the world tragedies lately,,,but what about our own people?? I guess big business doesn't benefit enough to help the poor and destitute in the US.

Call your grandfather Monday. It will mean a lot to him.

Pop