Saturday, May 31, 2008

Almost gone

Here's the sign that forced me to volunteer with Common Ground. The blue house on the right is where I've been staying. Notice the levee in the background on the left. (This is the east side of the industrial canal.) The extreme left side of the picture is where a barge ended up after destroying most of the houses on the block. The barge just barely missed the house on the left before finally coming to a stop. After flattening a chunk of the neighborhood, it ultimately came to rest between the house and the levee. I saw a picture that shows half of a school bus sticking out from under one side of the barge. --> I'm just about ready to leave; just waiting to get one of my shirts back from someone who I think is still sleeping. (She was out really late last night.)

No comments: