Monday, April 14, 2008

Suicide Solution

I've been listening to Brad's Motley Crue Shout at the Devil CD because for too many years I have been deprived of one of rock and roll's greatest albums. Looking through the liner notes, after all the thank yous and whatnot, it says, "Caution: This record may contain backward messages."

That's funny because it's obviously a smart-ass response to the hysteria generated by all the shitty, uptight parents who, in the early 1980s, made harmless metal lyrics a scapegoat for their horrible parenting skills.

I want to thank you, Motley Crue, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Dokken, Queensryche, Dio, King Diamond, young Metallica, Ratt, Twisted Sister, GNR, Slayer, and all other "Devil Music" bands for refusing to numb my young mind and for helping me develop a personality and a sense of independence while most of the other kids my age were sedated and brainwashed by top 40 bullshit.

A double devil sign to all of you, even those of you who went on to suck. (I'm not positive, but I bet Pastor Lew gives me an Amen on this one.)

--
Aimless
Aimless Video Evidence
Call me sometime; I get lonely. 614-738-3867

1 comment:

revolution said...

too funny. that is exactly what i was thinking.

except for one comment: "young Metallica"

Actually, I am a fan of "middle Metallica. I'm not too big on their 80's stuff because James Hetfield's voice was too high-pitched (sounding like a teenager whose voice had not yet changed.) Sometimes I wish they could go re-record their older stuff with James' more mature, lower voice.

Speaking of strombolis, i find that the same thing happens with calzones - most pizza places don't have a clue.

if you're ever in the downriver detroit area, i've got a great hole in wall pizza place to recommend for their "pizza roll". it is the bomb.