Saturday, April 05, 2008

Post-Metter

I checked out of the motel yesterday morning and went straight to the crappy on-ramp where I'd had no luck two days earlier, but my luck quickly changed. Within an hour, I was riding to Atlanta with a girl named Rachel Head. She was cool. Our conversation held steady for the entire ride until she dropped me off near the Atlanta airport. Within a few hours I had another ride, to a Pilot station on the northwest side of Atlanta, with a guy named Gary Cox. This truck stop was very small, so after a few hours I decided to walk 7 miles to what someone told me was a bigger Pilot station. The walk kinda sucked because it was raining most of the time, then the Pilot turned out to be Petro, which tends to have tight "tramp security." When I arrived, at about 2:30 AM, security was quick to approach me, but I said I just needed to sit for a while and dry off. He said it was OK. Right away a driver
started talking to me, and now we're about an hour west of St. Louis, heading to Portland.

4 comments:

revolution said...

that's crazy.

one day you're flooded out.

the next your in atlanta.

and now your in st. louis.

and then you'll be in portland.

that'll make your head spin.

DON'T FORGET TO DRINK SOME GOOD BEER WHILE YOU'RE IN PORTLAND.

Anonymous said...

WOW... you do get around. Honored to be a part of your journey

Anonymous said...

I thought it was neat that you were making a movie. I don't see anything like a movie coming. I just discovered Amtrekker.com on the news.
Here's a guy who's doing interesting things and posting lots of videos and doesn't seem to be mooching off of everyone he can or getting mad at anyone who doesn't provide him with what he wants. He's a positive, good natured, cheerful sort. I will be watching him now and not you.

revolution said...

amtrekker.com is definitely polished. he's got his game together, for sure.

not sure i'd say that he isn't mooching, though. he's unemployed - hence, someone is paying for his travels and whatnot. notice the donate button on the site?