Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Collier County Sheriff video

Here's a brand new video. It is still a pretty rough edit, and it will probably remain a rough edit, although there are some things I think I can clean up a little.

This is not the most horribly exciting footage I have. In fact, it's not even close. But it provides a glimpse into one of many cop encounters. This particular cop encounter does have some unusual stuff, which becomes more evident in the last minute or so, but mostly this video provides a good representation of the typical Aimless cop encounter.

You'll probably think the camera is all over the place, but I am actually amazed by how frequently the subject is in the picture. Y'see, I wasn't standing there looking through the camera when I captured this footage. Most of the time I was holding it in one hand or the other, at about waist level, kind of pointing it toward someone or something, having no idea if I was anywhere near my target. Not bad considering.

If you watch this video, I would really appreciate your feedback and criticism. What's good about it? What's bad about it? What do you think should be cut? Yada yada...

Whatever you have to say about it, I'd like to hear. If you are hesitant to criticize because you know me, then comment anonymously.

--
Aimless
The Quasi-Aimless Trailer
You can contact me at 614-738-3867.

4 comments:

Luke Swilor said...

I have no real clue about the whole film thing, but to me that was some pretty interesting stuff. I can only imagine what the rest of the months worth of footage holds.

Anonymous said...

Ryan, I can keep watching these clips over and over. You're right, it's not that exciting but it's real. Keep working on it.

Ryan M. Powell said...

Thanks for the comments, guys. It's nice to know a couple people think this stuff is cool.

If you get any ideas about ways I could improve any of the videos I have shared (or will share), I'm always willing to listen. Possible examples include: adding subtitles where speech is reasonably inaudible, cutting segments that don't add to the story, etc.

Thanks, guys.

jafabrit said...

I liked it because it is showing a part of the american experience, a somewhat mundane encounter with law enforcement with an insidious undertone.

To me it is interesting because it is sharing a birds eye view from a place I would not experience myself in this country.