Friday, October 12, 2007

People of God Part 1

PART 1: The Springfield PD responded to a call this morning from Southgate Baptist Church ("A Place to grow"). Apparently a disgusting, filthy, worthless bum had taken up permanent residence on the church's property overnight, so someone called the police specifically to run him off. --> As you may have guessed, the bum was me. You probably think I'm going to badmouth the church for calling the cops on me, right? Well, I'm not going to. Their call didn't inconvenience me the slightest bit. In fact, I was already preparing to leave when the cops showed up. --> Instead, I'm going to badmouth the church for being total hypocrites. They choose to subscribe to a religion that doesn't allow them to make judgments, yet they still feel compelled to make completely uninformed judgments at a rate beyond comprehension. First they judged a tent's hidden occupant to be a lower form of human life
than themselves. Then they judged the bum to be unworthy of spending a morning on God's property...

8 comments:

docrivs said...

I'll be in YSO tomorrow during the day for the crafts festival to sell rugs. ZNomads. I'll be working at Mac's Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tue nights. Maybe I'll see you?

docrivs said...

Boston CRUSHED those Indians tonight! Yay :)!

Anonymous said...

You have made your point. We agree with you. Is there a need for part 2? Reading positive experiences enriches your readers' enthusiasm. Think about it. What more needs to be said?

Tell us about YSO. I have never been there.

revolution said...

I think anony-mouse should shut it.

Ryan, those people, despite their attachment to that building, are not representative of Jesus. Jesus would have invited you inside, asked you if you needed any clothing or gear; asked you if you wanted to go out to breakfast; and then given you $100 cash and driven you to your home.

Rather than hear "Christians" tout about their own goodness, I would much rather hear you speak the truth about them, as long as it is grounded in personal experience.

As I've said before, the very purpose of Aimless is, in itself, a test for every Christian that you meet. Too bad so many of them fail miserably.

Anonymous said...

Revolution, what do you feel is wrong with anonymous' comment?

Anonymous said...

I can remember the day when I was in church with my parents and sometimes people (usually a couple with or without small children) would show up for Sunday service and sit on the front pew and attend service and would be offered both meals and financial help from the congregation and/or the church. What happened to those times when "church" wasn't just a building but a "way of life" ?

Anonymous said...

http://www.southgatechurch.org/outreach/outreach/community-outreach.html

This is a link to the outreach page from Southgate Baptist Church's website. Interestingly enough, maybe they should practice what they preach.

revolution said...

how bout the fact that it begins with the word: anonymous