Friday, September 14, 2007

Onward to Seattle

I debated for a couple hours about what I should do regarding my mode of travel, but I successfully met my contact at Union Station today, and I am now on a train bound for Seattle. I also called Kristin to let her know I won't be needing the ride. I wish I could have taken the train AND ridden with Kristin, but unfortunately I am human, so I could only do one or the other. --> For a few minutes at the train station I spoke with a Buckeye fan who'll be attending the game tomorrow. I probably won't get into the game, but it should be fun anyway. I'll definitely be at the stadium and I think I'll keep an eye out for the Buckeye football coverage teams from the Columbus television stations. It'll be really cool if I run into Dimitrios Stanley, a former OSU wide receiver and current member of WSYX's Buckeye football coverage team, because I went to elementary and middle school with him.
Even though I haven't seen him in 15+ years, he'd probably remember me; he's just that kind of guy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristin probably wanted company on the ride to Seattle but God forbid you should give anything of yourself to anyone else. Better to always take the best offer available and screw everybody else. Very mysterious how you referred to your "contact" about the free train ride to Seattle. When other people give you money and free beer and gift certificates and places to stay you mention their names. Something fishy about this "contact", what really happened? What'd you give him?
Good luck in sponging off of Dimitrios Stanley.

revolution said...

instead of saying anonymous, it should read "coward"

Stefan said...

Hey anonymous,

did it ever occur to you that if somebody (e.g. somebody working for Amtrak) managed to sneak you in on a train, that you wouldn't really doing him a favor by publishing his name?

Next time, think before you bitch.
And at least have the courtesy to put you name under your post if you have to insult someone.

Regards,

Stefan