Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Running on fumes

Sometimes I get tired of trying to update this blog on such a regular basis. Sometimes I get tired of hoping the Aimless word will spread. Sometimes I get so tired of doing all this, I just want to quit. After more than four months on the road, there just doesn't seem to be much interest in Aimless.

Aimless could be huge if only the right people knew about it and invested in it. Originally I envisioned a gradual snowball effect; I expected Aimless to pick up steam as I remained on the road, but it's just not happening. The longer I do this, the more I realize how lonely I am.

I've been thinking a lot about pizza lately. Specifically, I've been thinking about how much I'd like to operate my own pizzeria. That's what I want to do with my life because that's what I do best. Unfortunately I don't have the money to open a pizzeria and no one else recognizes how I could turn their money into more money if only they'd invest in me and my pizzeria.

My talents have been totally wasted in this life. My brain has been totally wasted in this life. I have so much to offer my world and the world, but no one gives a shit. It's very frustrating.

Right now I want to quit Aimless. I plan to remain on the road until early October, but I don't know if I'll continue after I return home for my next pit stop.

--
Aimless
The Quasi-Aimless Trailer

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep it up man--i am planning on spreading the word around again, right now i just started a new job and school so i am busy until this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried to contact local newscasters to let them know what you are doing as you travel through their areas, as you had mentioned earlier? I think you are getting more readers. Many may not leave comments. I can't at work because they are blocked out. I can only read what you write. You sound down. Hang in there, man.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Readers , leave some comments for Ryan so he knows that he does have a lot of followers interested in his travels. I know there are plenty of you out there.

Anonymous said...

Ryan, we all get those feelings occasionaly. You certainly are not alone.

Mom & I were once scared enormously about you taking this venture. Now we look at it differently. We feel your experiences have been fantastic and valuable beyond measure. We see it in your posts. Your horizons have grown and you are the better for the effort. So are the people you have met along the way.

Success takes time and patience. How do we measure success? We all measure it differently. In my eyes, you have always been a success. I would hate to see you quit now. The story is there tell. You tell part of it in your posts. With your writing skills you can write a great book. The movie can be great as well. The payoff is happening for you now but it will continue to get better.

Your ventures and explorations into the unknown with a backpack and $20 takes as AC/DC says, "Big Balls."

Your boots were made for walking. Get going.

Love,
Dad

PS. Use the media like Mom suggested. Jack can help you with that in Bend. Have you e-mailed the big time media? We can help. Names??

Anonymous said...

Ryan, I got a burst of energy tonight and e-mailed the BIG 4 networks, a couple of morning radio shows again and a couple of pac northwest newspapers. I am sure I will think of more tomorrow night.

docrivs said...

These folks have it right, my dude! You can't give up now. Aimless is an awesome idea, and it is YOUR idea! I really think you should see it through, because I do think that it takes time to draw interest unless, of course, you draw the attention of the right people and they blow it up for you. You still should keep trying. Your fans, including myself, are willing to spread the word about you and your travels. Word is getting out there, and soon it will draw enough interest. I understand how it can feel lonely sometimes, but it will pass and you will have great experiences that will outweigh those that bring you down. Keep on keepin' on!

Your friend,
Jay

Anonymous said...

Dude,
I've got my own battles to fight right now. Money is REAL tight. I'd help out more financially if I could, but I'm doing good paying the rent. You're certainly welcomed to come and stop by for a while, but you know how "well" the past few years have been to me. Today was the 2 year anniversary of Katrina...

On the plus side, I steer as many people to the website ( around 50 so far ) as possible. Like others on here have posted, this is a growing experience for you. There is so much potential in the footage and the later editing & composition of the story will make this a great project! You've an awsome story to tell. So what if it doesn't go EXACTLY the way you planned. It's going, thanks to your hard work! Stay at it as long as you feel possible. Seattle is going to be a blast! On the way back, stop by my place again. There's quite a bit more room here at the new apartment!

Jeff