Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Onward west?

Don (right) dropped me off at the TnA truck stop north of Madison at about 5:30. It always feels a little tougher hitting the road after staying with someone for a couple days. I felt like I was in a groove when I arrived in Madison, but now I feel distant from my objective because I've been too comfortable. I also want to thank Dave Jones, Jeff's other good friend and roommate, for making some tasty pasta & chicken last night. (Jeff is on left.)... I'm down to $37 and 3+ tapes, so I might need to find some kind of revenue source soon. In addition to that, I'm really hungry, so I'll probably end up spending a few bucks in the next hour or two... OK, maybe not. A few minutes after I wrote that, Jake "Bubba" Holze at the Taco Bell inside the truck stop offered me a meal. I had the steak quesadilla & 1 taco combo, plus he threw in a second taco... The skies are dark and it looks like
there's a serious storm coming. This is a pretty small truck stop, so it might be a while before I'm gone.

1 comment:

revolution said...

get used to those kind of suggestions from me.
For instance, if you end up in Seattle, I'll suggest that you check out Mars Hill Church, home of Mark Driscoll, America's Premiere Preacher. Or my favorite at least. He's also known as the "cussing pastor."