Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Florida residents vs. OSU fans

I have met some people along my trek who surely thought I was a nice guy when they met me but changed their minds after reading some of my shit-talking about the state of Florida or religion or whatever. Hey, that's their prerogative. I don't like saying negative things, but negative shit happens and sometimes negative things need to be said.

For anyone who I may have pissed off by saying Florida is full of assholes, I have a very good analogy for you:

I am a very big Ohio State football fan. A lot of other college football fans hate Ohio State, largely because they think Ohio State fans are a bunch of assholes. They're right! Of course, not all Ohio State fans are assholes; I don't think I, as an Ohio State fan, am an asshole. But a lot of OSU fans are dumbfuck assholes who pick fights with opposing fans and otherwise spend a lot of time making the rest of us look pretty bad.

So when I hear someone from Florida, Texas, or Nebraska say they hate OSU football because OSU's fans are a bunch of assholes, do I get pissed off? No, I say, "Unfortunately you're right, and it's really embarrassing sometimes."

If you live in Florida and you are not an asshole, you have no reason to be pissed off or offended by what I said, just as I have no reason to be pissed off or offended whenever I hear someone say OSU fans are assholes. If my words do piss you off, then you're probably one of the assholes and I don't give a flying fuck what you think, nor should anyone else.

--
Aimless
The Quasi-Aimless Trailer
If you'd like to contact me, call me at 614-738-3867.

No comments: