Saturday, June 09, 2007

The crush

I've e-mailed Lidia, the reporter, a few times since I've been here at my aunt and uncle's house, with no response. The last message I sent (yesterday) said, paraphrasing: "I won't bother you anymore because, as you can probably tell, I sorta have a crush on you and it's making me feel like a jackass."

Like I said before, it's just a temporary obsession. It's harmless and fading.

Now that I've said I won't bother her anymore, though, I want to ask her some serious questions about her job, "off the record," like: Do the objectives of Fox affiliate stations mirror those of the Fox News channel on cable? If yes: Do you hold the same (or similar) political views that your employer projects to its viewers (or are you just there because they offered you a good job)? If you're just there for the job (and you disagree with the "news" they may be manufacturing), does it drive you nuts?

I'd certainly reword the questions to make them more open-ended, and there are surely more questions I'd like to ask, but I think you get the picture.

Oh, I'm so full of shit; I just want an excuse to talk to her and get to know her.

(The voice in my head just told me: It's not gonna happen, dude. Forget about her.)

* * * * *

One more thing: I plan to leave here tomorrow and start heading back toward Ohio to take care of some things and take a short, comfortable break from Aimless before kicking off Leg 2 at Columbus's Community Festival (Comfest) June 22 (I hope) at Goodale Park near downtown. I have so much stuff to do at home, though, like watching all my tapes to take note of everyone's names and whatnot. I'll probably also look for some good footage to put on YouTube or something, too. I hope I'll also find some time to just chill out by the pool.

--
Aimless
The Quasi-Aimless Trailer
If you'd like to contact me, call me at 614-738-3867.

1 comment:

docrivs said...

You probably need a short break, man, like a couple or a few weeks. You could talk to some people who want to meet you here, and you could enjoy ComFest. You could sort through your material, do a little thinking and writing, and just unwind by the pool. That sounds like a good plan, before you kick it back off again.

BTW, you're starting to sound a little creepy about your "obsessions", and all. Maybe just keep it professional, unless you have reason to go to a different level? You don't want to make them think that you get obsessed so easily. You're just curious about people.