Friday, March 02, 2007

Trailer is almost finished

I'm pretty much done with the trailer; just have some fine-tuning to do before I make it public. Right now I feel really good about it, with the exception of maybe a few small things. I may not be able to polish everything as well as I'd like, but I still feel good about what I've created. Currently the trailer is six minutes and twenty-eight seconds long, but it will end up a little closer to 7:00 after I add some text to the end.

One thing I really like is that the final clip is very deceptive, however unintentional. It is probably the best footage I have of me talking to the camera. Unlike much of the other footage of me talking to the camera, this footage feels like I didn't even know the camera was on (even though I was holding the camera an arm's length in front of myself). It's as if I was just thinking, but my thoughts made it onto a videotape. The best thing about it is that I can feel a lot of empathy for the guy who happens to be me. And if I can feel that kind of empathy, I can only imagine what someone else might feel, especially someone who doesn't already know the outcome.

The trailer is almost entirely in chronological order. I guess it's actually something in between a trailer and a mini documentary. I don't want to talk about it anymore right now because I'm going to end up spoiling it for someone.

Aimless

No comments: