Friday, September 29, 2006

Where is my mind?

(I love that song. I hate the feeling.)

Man, my latest dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine) prescription is just not working. My head has been in a haze for pretty much all of the last couple weeks (since I ran out of my previous prescription). I'm having a hard time thinking straight, I can't focus for shit, and I feel very incomplete. And it's not because Dexedrine is bad (as most ignorant people would surely suggest); it's either because the stuff was not made right or it sat in the pharmacy for a decade, never being rotated. It could be something else, but I feel pretty confident one of those two things is the answer.

I really don't know why my Dexedrine isn't working, but I know it's not in my head. And it really pisses me off because that shit is not cheap and I'm stuck with it for another 6 weeks. So because some corporate asshole didn't do his (or her) job right, my brain has to hurt for two months. And then I'll have to worry about my next prescription.

This is not the first time I've had such an experience with the drug. I've taken Dexedrine for almost 14 years--generic dextroamphetamine for the last several--and this never happened until the last year or so. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the result of the pharmaceutical industry's blatant disregard for human life. The shit is probably not even dextroamphetamine. It's probably sugar and corn starch in disguise. Maybe I should try to get some of it analyzed. (Who the hell does that?)

Aimless Now!

No comments: