Monday, August 06, 2007

So much to tell

As I finished a smoke outside Mythic Pizza in Lower Haight yesterday, some dude asked me, "You wouldn't know if Memphis Minnie's takes food stamps, do you?" I responded, "I don't know; I've never been here before." He then said, "Oh yeah? You look like a Haight Street person." Right after that I had a long chat with a homeless guy named Tim Luper (pictured w/ me). This morning I saw a Kelty Grand Mesa 2 tent for $96 at Sports Basement. Don't know if that's a good price, but it looks like a nice tent. I'm now on Green St @ Leavenworth. A laborer named Jethro told me Davy Jones of The Monkees lives in the house across the street. A few minutes later Jethro gave me $5. Even though I totally hate baseball and Barry Bonds, I plan to sit outside the Giants' game tonight because Bonds might just break the record while I'm here. As much as it disgusts me, it would be stupid for me not to do it.
I might just end up with some great footage of something a lot of people feel passionate about.

2 comments:

Legacy of the Family said...

Hey. I know this post is 3.5 years old, but I knew a Tim Luper in Brazil. His parents were missionaries. Do you know if this is the same person?

Ryan M. Powell said...

Hey, I just saw your comment for the first time. Are you the person who e-mailed me a while back about Tim? If not, I just want to let you know that I think Tim probably is the same person you knew.